Best Alternate Technique to Fix a PST File with Scanpst
Using Inbox Fix Tool, you can simply fix a PST file (Scanpst.exe). However, what if the scanpst utility fails to restore the pst file?
When Scanpst isn’t Working, How do you Fix a PST File?
Want to use the Microsoft Outlook inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to fix a pst file? When you try to do this, however, scanpst fails to repair pst files and displays error messages?
Looking For a Quick Way to Fix a Corrupted PST File When Scanpst isn’t Working?
In such a case, you should read the entire article. Because it goes into great depth on why your Inbox Repair Tool doesn’t work and What Happens When Scanpst Doesn’t Work must-read!
When scanpst fails, you’ll also learn about the best alternate technique to repair corrupt pst files.
Outlook Inbox Repair Tool is a tool that allows you to repair your inbox in Outlook (Scanpst.Exe)
When there is a problem with Outlook’s data file (“.PST” and “.OST”), it begins to have trouble. We all know how difficult this circumstance may be for any individual. The issue usually develops when you can’t access any of your Outlook data due to damage to the Outlook data files.
Outlook has a built-in repair tool to help with such issues (Scanpst.exe). This program helps diagnose and fix minor Outlook file issues and errors.
This inbox repair application has been shown to fail in many instances when it comes to repairing faulty PST files. Now the question arises why does Scanpst.exe Fails To Repair PST Files?
Why Doesn’t Scanpst.exe Repair PST Files?
The integrated Inbox repair tool fails to fix a PST file in the following conditions.
- Repairing PST files larger than 2 GB is not possible.
- Critical Outlook error messages such as “Unknown error “80040801” cannot be resolved.
- It can only fix small errors in PST files, such as header corruption.
- Repairing a severely corrupted Outlook file was unsuccessful.
- Repairing a corrupt PST file takes a long time.
- After scanning the PST file, it is unable to detect the corruption issue.
- Outlook data was lost and could not be recovered (both accidental and intentional).
When Scanpst Doesn’t Work, What Happens?
If your scanpst fails to restore your PST file, you may encounter the following issues:
- The file xxxx.pst is not recognized by the built-in Inbox Repair Tool.
- This file could not be accessed due to an unexpected problem.
- ScanDisk (the Inbox Repair program) hangs and fails to repair.
- The ScanDisk (Inbox Repair tool)-repaired PST file is empty or missing the required items.
- The Inbox Repair Tool fails due to internal system faults, and you will see the following error message: “Internal errors were identified in this file.” They must be corrected in order for this file to function properly.”
- The error message “Properties for this information service must be configured before usage” appears when you open a 2 GB PST file in Outlook 2002 and earlier versions.
- You are unable to view your PST file.
- Unknown error 0x8004018 can be found.
- In your PST, you have a client error of 0x80040600.
- I’m unable to open a PST file.
- The file path could not be found.
- “An error has occurred, and the scan has been terminated.” The scanned file has not been altered in any way.”
These are some of the most common error messages that occur when scanpst attempts to fix a pst file but fails.
When Scanpst isn’t working, How do you Fix a PST File?
Though the built-in utility tool (scanpst.exe) in Outlook is an excellent tool for repairing minor PST file errors. However, this built-in utility program will not repair Outlook data files that are significantly corrupted or destroyed.
If the inbuilt repair tool fails to fix the pst file, you should use a third-party repair solution such as Outlook PST File Repair Tool.
The reason for suggesting this program is its robust efficiency to fix any pst file-related difficulties. Overall, when scanpst fails, Outlook Pst Repair Tool is the finest alternate solution for repairing pst files.
This software is capable of repairing any corruption issue that may have arisen in your PST file. Outlook PST File Repair Tool makes it simple to repair and restore corrupted, damaged, or inaccessible PST files. It is quite simple to operate and does not necessitate any technological knowledge on the part of the user.
I hope that after reading this page, you have a satisfactory answer to your question about how to repair a pst file when scanpst.exe fails.
If you wish to try a manual way to fix an Outlook pst file, read this article first: Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019 File Repair
So, what are you waiting for? Try the technique provided in this post to easily and quickly repair pst file problems.